A warm and wonderful treat anytime of year!
- 8 medium sized firm apples, washed, cored, partially peeled at the top (1/3 way down)
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, optional
- 1 cup water, apple juice or apple cider
- Place apples in a baking dish, evenly spaced away from each other.
- Mix together the oats, brown sugar, Apple Cranberry Chutney, apricots, dates, orange zest, sliced almonds and brandy
- Add cold unsalted butter pieces and toss well.
- Stuff apples with mixture
- Pour water, apple juice, or cider into baking dish
- Cover with lid or foil
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Uncover, baste with liquid, continue to cook until apples are easily pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes)
Reproduction of this material without written permission is strictly forbidden.
© 2006 Someone’s In The Kitchen All rights reserved.
Someone’s In The Kitchen, 2210 Haines Ave., Rapid City, South Dakota 57701,
phone:605-341-5044 fax:605-341-6974 tollfree:1-888-817-5078 email-